Why You Love This Recipe:
- This recipe can be for the meat lover and the vegetarian. On my first try for this recipe, I really liked the original recipe below, but after experimenting with the leftovers, bacon or sausage can be a great addition.
- All the ingredients are cheap!!
- Perfect for the cold season. Come home to something to warm you up!
- Easy clean up.
What You Need:
- 5-7 Idaho Potatoes (roughly 24 oz)
- (I also really like Red Potatoes, but I was going with what I already had around)
- 16 oz frozen corn
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp italian seasonings
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Dice up potatoes into 1/8-1/2 inch piece
- Put into slow cooker with corn
- Toss in flour, salt & pepper
- Add broth, garlic & onion powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper & italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Stir in heavy cream & butter.
- Serve immediately.
Idea from Damn Delicious