Rules to Ditch By
I’ll admit, I have an act for not getting rid of anything. I love all my clothes, every little pot and craft I’ve had since I was 7 and still have books from my 8th grade English Class. Unfortunately, when it comes to a long distance move, it’s time to let go of those things you’ve held onto so dearly. (Yes, I’m talking about your 80s shredded and bleached jeans) During my purge, I made a few simple rules to help me get rid of the junk.
Here They Are:
- If you haven’t worn it in over 2 years, say goodbye
- Any stains that you think “aren’t noticeable”
- Valuable Satin/Leather bounds- KEEP
- Anything you haven’t read (and probably won’t again) in over 5 years
- Nik Naks
- Allow a few (5 tops) personal items to help your next place feel more homey.
- The Rest: Storage or Sell
- You know the fashionable necklaces you wear (Since they don’t take up THAT much room, it’s not a big deal, but be realistic- I’ve learned that I wear a bigger variety of my necklaces when I have less because it’s easier to search through them and match in the morning)
- Donate the rest to Goodwill.