Emergencies, Conveniences, & Under the Hood
Before heading out on any long distance trip, there are a few things that might come in handy if you equip your car with.
Covering All The Bases
- Umbrella: Unless you’re headed to the dessert, a large and purse sized umbrella will come in handy
- Snow Brush: Not for everyone, but as I head into the rocky mountains, something tell’s me my car sitting in the uncovered, open parking lot in December might need some attention
- Maps: Technology is great, but its always good to have a map just in case of emergency (car dies, lack of phone signal)
- Swiss Army Knife
- Tool Kit
Under The Hood
- Oil Change: Our drive was 1,355 miles. My car needs oil roughly every 3-4,000. Do it before so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Car Tune Up: if you take your car to NTB for an oil change, they’ll take care of a full car check for you
- Check Your Tires